Help with Identifying a Legacy

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:27 pm

I was wondering if you would be able to assist in identifying a G&L Legacy for me? I'm curious if there are any original specs available for this guitar? The serial number I have is CLF55988. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with Identifying a Legacy

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:02 pm

Hammerstring wrote:I was wondering if you would be able to assist in identifying a G&L Legacy for me? I'm curious if there are any original specs available for this guitar? The serial number I have is CLF55988. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That serial number would indicate that your Legacy was built in 2009 and there were no Build Specifications sheet for that year.
Reference post: Serial number significance.

Here is the Internet Archive link to the June 5, 2009 G&L website to the USA guitars index page: http://web.archive.org/web/200906051715 ... /index.asp
You should be able to peruse it to see what models and their standard specs were, along with the various options and finishes
available then.

If you will post some photos [front and back] of this guitar we can help id most specs.

Another resource is to contact Memo Romero [G&L Service Manager] at repairs@glguitars.com and ask him to look up the
serial number of this guitar, to get the specific specs of this guitar, including production completion date.

Hope this helps.