Info on G&L P90 from USA Fallout

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:02 am

Trying to get info on where I can find the p90 g&l uses in the Fallout. I have a USA fallout with a p90 that measures around 6.6k, pretty low for a p90 and I quite like it.

I have seen usa g&l p90's sold on reverb and they all had braided wire, mine just has a gray lead with the ground and hot inside. I do not see p90's on the g&l web store in the pickup section, does anyone know where I could get one of these? Are they the same from the tribute models if I could track down one of those?

Wanting to use a similar sounding p90 in another build so just seeing if I can track one of these down aftermarket somewhere. Thanks all!

Re: Info on G&L P90 from USA Fallout

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 am

olirm wrote:Trying to get info on where I can find the p90 g&l uses in the Fallout. I have a USA fallout with a p90 that measures around 6.6k, pretty low for a p90 and I quite like it.

I have seen usa g&l p90's sold on reverb and they all had braided wire, mine just has a gray lead with the ground and hot inside. I do not see p90's on the g&l web store in the pickup section, does anyone know where I could get one of these? Are they the same from the tribute models if I could track down one of those?

Wanting to use a similar sounding p90 in another build so just seeing if I can track one of these down aftermarket somewhere. Thanks all!

See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

Also, see: G&L USA Fallout Wiring Diagram

Hope this helps.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 am

Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

Very helpful, thanks. Now I know the model number I am looking for. My build sheet just said "G&L P90"but based on the link above I am looking for a AP4285B, or at least something with 42guage wire and 8.5k turns, guessing they use Alnico 5 mags as well.

Wish they had these for sale on the gl web store, might be tough tracking one down.

Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:15 pm

olirm wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

Very helpful, thanks. Now I know the model number I am looking for. My build sheet just said "G&L P90"but based on the link above I am looking for a AP4285B, or at least something with 42guage wire and 8.5k turns, guessing they use Alnico 5 mags as well.

Wish they had these for sale on the gl web store, might be tough tracking one down.

Yes, the G&L P-90 pickups use Alnico 5 magnets, as mentioned in the Notes in the List of pickups used in G&L guitars post.

You might check eBay, as there are a few sellers who part out G&L Tributes and sell the parts.

Hope this helps.