pickup covers switch

Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:28 pm

hi,
my first topic on this forum.

i have a strat legassy hss with 2 clf 100 singels and a AW4470B humbucker.

i want to cover them all with metal covers like they have on tele's and gibsons (for the humbucker).
the reason is for looks only. i love the way it looks.

has anyone tryed it before?
do anyone know thepickups measurements ? what is the base of the pickups is made of? and where can i buy the covers?

im having trubble finding the exact measurements of the pickups and the cover to make sure they fit.
and if im correct all the pickups need to have metal base, otherwise i will not be able to hook them up with the cover without noizes.

thanks.

Re: pickup covers switch

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:16 am

Omer310 wrote:hi,
my first topic on this forum.

i have a strat legassy hss with 2 clf 100 singels and a AW4470B humbucker.

i want to cover them all with metal covers like they have on tele's and gibsons (for the humbucker).
the reason is for looks only. i love the way it looks.

has anyone tryed it before?
do anyone know thepickups measurements ? what is the base of the pickups is made of? and where can i buy the covers?

im having trubble finding the exact measurements of the pickups and the cover to make sure they fit.
and if im correct all the pickups need to have metal base, otherwise i will not be able to hook them up with the cover without noizes.

thanks.

for the single coil pickup measurement, see:Legacy Pickup Dimensions. For the G&L humbucker pickup see: Decoding the various G&L pickup part numbers.

Hope this helps.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:04 pm

sorry, but your reaply is usless for me :-( and didnt answer any of my quastions.
even the measurement of the coils are taken from ASAT and not legassy.
i hope someone have more inforamtion

Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:17 pm

Omer310 wrote:sorry, but your reaply is usless for me :-( and didnt answer any of my quastions.
even the measurement of the coils are taken from ASAT and not legassy.
i hope someone have more inforamtion

The G&L CLF100 Alnico single coil middle pickup measurement I get is 2.74 X .70 inches. This is from my ASAT Classic S Alnico Launch Edition model.

The CLF100 Alnico single coil pickup is the exact same pickup as used in the G&L Legacy model. Sorry, that you were confused by my post.

Question for OP: What measurements do you get for the pickups in your Legacy?