Savannah Series ASAT Classic Bluesboy Pickup Suggestions

Wed May 13, 2020 2:28 pm

I don't like the voicing of the Seth Lover neck pickup in my Savannah Bluesboy. The neck position is too dark and subdued for my taste. Does anyone have experience or suggestions on a good neck HB to replace the Lover? I like the tone of the Savannah Deluxe II. Would the '59 neck pickup be a good match for the MFD bridge in the bluesboy? Does the deluxe II have the same pots as the bluesboy?

Re: Savannah Series ASAT Classic Bluesboy Pickup Suggestions

Thu May 14, 2020 9:41 pm

floridaskunkape wrote:I don't like the voicing of the Seth Lover neck pickup in my Savannah Bluesboy. The neck position is too dark and subdued for my taste. Does anyone have experience or suggestions on a good neck HB to replace the Lover? I like the tone of the Savannah Deluxe II. Would the '59 neck pickup be a good match for the MFD bridge in the bluesboy? Does the deluxe II have the same pots as the bluesboy?

I did a quick Search using "Bluesboy neck pickup replacement" as search criteria and found some posts for your to check out.

Regarding the pots in the ASAT Classic Bluesboy vs the ASAT Deluxe II, the Bluesboy uses 250K pots for both volume and tone,
whereas the Deluxe uses 500k pots for both.

Hope this helps.

Re: Savannah Series ASAT Classic Bluesboy Pickup Suggestions

Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:54 am

Disregard anything I ever said about the Seth Lover in the Savannah Bluesboy. I shelved the guitar for a while to contemplate changes. I revisited this guitar with a different amp (Mesa Mark IIB w/FX loop mod). The guitar is a beast. Great pairing.