Trem arm allen screw keeps coming loose

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:46 am

I just picked up a used lefty S500 Tribute and everything is amazing about it except that the trem arm allen screw keeps coming loose. My trem arm will not stay in place and sometimes falls out all together. Ive tried putting plumbers tape around the threading of the screw which helps, but it still comes out. I read somewhere that there is suppose to be a nylon bushing between the screw and the arm, but I don't think I have one. Is this the issue? If so where can I get one?

Thanks for your help.

~A

Re: Trem arm allen screw keeps coming loose

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:56 am

Regret Regret wrote:I just picked up a used lefty S500 Tribute and everything is amazing about it except that the trem arm allen screw keeps coming loose. My trem arm will not stay in place and sometimes falls out all together. Ive tried putting plumbers tape around the threading of the screw which helps, but it still comes out. I read somewhere that there is suppose to be a nylon bushing between the screw and the arm, but I don't think I have one. Is this the issue? If so where can I get one?

Thanks for your help.

~A

Yes, you do need the nylon bushing. See: G&L's DF Vibrato System.
You can get them from the G&L On-Line store. Here's the link to them: TREM ARM/SADDLE LOCK BRIDGE TENSION SCREW SET.

Hope this helps.