ASAT Classic middle position

Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:21 am

I recently put MFD pickups in my stupid-deal-of-the-day Tribute ASAT Classic, thus rendering it pretty much a normal Tribute ASAT Classic. Big difference in sound; I like it.

I do notice a drop in volume in the middle position, neck + bridge. Is this normal? Do I have my wires backwards on the bridge pickup? They're red and yellow; I went red for hot and yellow for ground. It's easy enough to try reversing them, but I thought I'd ask first.

Re: ASAT Classic middle position

Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:42 pm

munchie99 wrote:I recently put MFD pickups in my stupid-deal-of-the-day Tribute ASAT Classic, thus rendering it pretty much a normal Tribute ASAT Classic. Big difference in sound; I like it.

I do notice a drop in volume in the middle position, neck + bridge. Is this normal? Do I have my wires backwards on the bridge pickup? They're red and yellow; I went red for hot and yellow for ground. It's easy enough to try reversing them, but I thought I'd ask first.

Yes, the bridge pickup is wired backwards. Here is the picture diagram we have in the Gallery:

HTH

Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Sweet! I'll do that. Thanks much.

Craig wrote:
Yes, the bridge pickup is wired backwards. Here is the picture diagram we have in the Gallery
HTH

Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Just for the record--that did it. Much better!