Replacing Truss rod on 30th ann. ASAT neck

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:46 pm

Hello,
I am new to the forum today, and have a "project question" for the good folks in repair.
I recently acquired a 30th anniversary (2010) ASAT neck that has a buggered truss rod end. The truss nut will not thread onto the rod.
I am planning on pulling the board, and replacing the rod. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me the length, and manufacturer or the rods originally used in these necks, and perhaps direct me to a parts replacement source for the rod.
It's a very nice neck, and I am hoping to "save it" if at all possible.
Any advice or directions or the rods specs and replacement availability would be greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance for any help!

John V :happy0007:

Re: Replacing Truss rod on 30th ann. ASAT neck

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:41 am

Perhaps the problem lies with the truss rod bullet nut.
Can you post some photos of the threads of the rod?

You can get a replacement bullet nut from the G&L OnLine Store.
Here is the link: https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/collections/hardware/products/replacement-truss-rod-bullet-kit.

I also suggest you contact G&L's Repair/Tech Support before attempting to remove and replace the truss rod.
Here is the link to G&L's Support Page: http://glguitars.com/support/#1498706400074-d00e7eb8-e9d8.

Hope this helps.

Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks Craig, but what I am looking for is a replacement truss rod. I have plenty of truss nuts. It appears someone must have hammered down on the rod itself, mushrooming the end of the rod, so that no nut can be threaded on. What I am looking for are the speck on the replacement rod, ie.. length, 10-32 thread? or 8-32? who was the original rod manufacturer, and are replacements available.
Any Info on that would be greatly appreciated!
John

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:18 pm

John V wrote:Thanks Craig, but what I am looking for is a replacement truss rod. I have plenty of truss nuts. It appears someone must have hammered down on the rod itself, mushrooming the end of the rod, so that no nut can be threaded on. What I am looking for are the speck on the replacement rod, ie.. length, 10-32 thread? or 8-32? who was the original rod manufacturer, and are replacements available.
Any Info on that would be greatly appreciated!
John

Ouch, why would anyone do that to a truss rod???

Sorry, but we don't have the info you are seeking, that is why I suggested that you contact G&L Repair/Tech Support.