Saddlelock Bridge setup

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:05 pm

OK I have a question and am thrown by the G&L Owners manual, hoping somebody will weigh in. I have a 2001 ASAT Deluxe S/H with the saddlelock bridge. I am attempting to do a setup, but it seems to be that #6 and #5 saddles are binding at bottom of height screws when intonating. The side screw was loosened first and is not the problem. Distance from nut to saddle is at 25.5". Relief is .012 and manual calls for 1/8" on bottom of saddleplate to top of bridge plate for E bass. I can intonate but these two strings seem funky and bridge plates appear to be free after I loosen tuners. It is almost as if saddle blocks are being bound. I am using 10-42's for strings. Is there a seperate procedure for the saddlelock that I am missing? Would this be considered as a hardtail bridge? and should I lubricate bottom of plate with small amount of nut juice? I have set string height other than using a 1/8 space and be close, but this just does not feel right.
Prop

Re: Saddlelock Bridge setup

Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Addendum to first post

Ok found post about same on another site. How far and/or how loose should side screw get? Mine is what I would Consider loose. I can certainly raise and lower block. I did read and bookmarked article in this forum l am afraid of losing the screw and apprehensive about loosening more.

Re: Saddlelock Bridge setup

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:23 am

Propjob wrote:OK I have a question and am thrown by the G&L Owners manual, hoping somebody will weigh in. I have a 2001 ASAT Deluxe S/H with the saddlelock bridge. I am attempting to do a setup, but it seems to be that #6 and #5 saddles are binding at bottom of height screws when intonating. The side screw was loosened first and is not the problem. Distance from nut to saddle is at 25.5". Relief is .012 and manual calls for 1/8" on bottom of saddleplate to top of bridge plate for E bass. I can intonate but these two strings seem funky and bridge plates appear to be free after I loosen tuners. It is almost as if saddle blocks are being bound. I am using 10-42's for strings. Is there a seperate procedure for the saddlelock that I am missing? Would this be considered as a hardtail bridge? and should I lubricate bottom of plate with small amount of nut juice? I have set string height other than using a 1/8 space and be close, but this just does not feel right.
Prop

Use the ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURES FOR NONVIBRATO GUITARS (Page 7-8) of the Owner's Manual, Version 2 (1988-2008).

Propjob wrote:Addendum to first post

Ok found post about same on another site. How far and/or how loose should side screw get? Mine is what I would Consider loose. I can certainly raise and lower block. I did read and bookmarked article in this forum l am afraid of losing the screw and apprehensive about loosening more.

Please post some photos of the saddles (top and side). Make sure that each saddle height screw for each saddle are at the same height and
are touching the bridge plate. After setting saddle height and intonation, screw the side screw (saddle lock) so that the saddles are together
without gaps between them.