SC-2 Push/Pull pot mod

Sat May 11, 2019 10:24 am

Hi, I'm new here and have a few questions about installing push/pull pots into a SC-2.

I just bought a 2017 USA SC-2 but it has been stuck in customs for a while and I want to start the process of modding so it will be ready for when I record with my band.
I'm thinking of putting a push/pull on both the volume and tone knobs, one for in series and one for out of phase. I'm worried that the push/pull pots might be too tall or wide and won't fit. Also this is probably a redundant question but is there any differences between the regular pots and the push/pull ones tonally or any other way? Also could anyone with a SC-2 tell me what the series or out of phase sounds like as I really like it on my mustang but I have no idea how it is gonna turn out, I just like extra tonal options.

These are the specific pots I was looking at: https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/ ... entiometer

Thanks for any help

Re: SC-2 Push/Pull pot mod

Sat May 11, 2019 10:42 am

okaytome wrote:Hi, I'm new here and have a few questions about installing push/pull pots into a SC-2.

I just bought a 2017 USA SC-2 but it has been stuck in customs for a while and I want to start the process of modding so it will be ready for when I record with my band.
I'm thinking of putting a push/pull on both the volume and tone knobs, one for in series and one for out of phase. I'm worried that the push/pull pots might be too tall or wide and won't fit. Also this is probably a redundant question but is there any differences between the regular pots and the push/pull ones tonally or any other way? Also could anyone with a SC-2 tell me what the series or out of phase sounds like as I really like it on my mustang but I have no idea how it is gonna turn out, I just like extra tonal options.

These are the specific pots I was looking at: https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/ ... entiometer

Thanks for any help

Definitely check this out which is posted in our Gallery: Album: SC-2/ASAT 4-Way Switching with revised Tone Control.

I know others have done this mod and have been very happy with it.

Hope this helps.

Sat May 11, 2019 10:50 am

Craig wrote:
okaytome wrote:Hi, I'm new here and have a few questions about installing push/pull pots into a SC-2.

Thanks for any help

Definitely check this out which is posted in our Gallery: Album: SC-2/ASAT 4-Way Switching with revised Tone Control.

I know others have done this mod and have been very happy with it.

Hope this helps.

That is the kind of thing I'm looking for but I wanted to use push/pull pots instead because I've tried 4 way switching on another guitar and have had trouble with it on stage, but I have no idea if the push/pull pots will fit. Plus I would also be able to get the series out of phase tone as well.

Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 am

I believe a push/pull pot would fit. The Fallouts and LE-2s have a push/pull pot to split the HB. They share the same basic body style, though the Fallout and LE-2 are top routed and SC-2 rear routed.

Sounds like a sweet mod!

Cheers,
Dan