Disconnecting Seth Lover from tone pot on Bluesboy

Tue May 07, 2019 7:41 am

Sorry if I missed a previous post on how to do this, but is this a simple operation? I have been told that disconnecting the pickup from the tone pot brightens it up to a usable level (it is far too dark IMHO) but I don't want to do more than just that. Is it just a single wire that needs to be unsoldered and taped off?

Thanks in advance :)
jim

Re: Disconnecting Seth Lover from tone pot on Bluesboy

Wed May 08, 2019 6:48 am

jim777 wrote:Sorry if I missed a previous post on how to do this, but is this a simple operation? I have been told that disconnecting the pickup from the tone pot brightens it up to a usable level (it is far too dark IMHO) but I don't want to do more than just that. Is it just a single wire that needs to be unsoldered and taped off?

Thanks in advance :)
jim

Doesn't look like anyone here has tried that, so you might contact G&L Tech Support for assistance.
Another option to consider: check out the wiring diagrams page on the Seymour Duncan site.

Please do follow up here with what you find out.

Hope this helps.

Re: Disconnecting Seth Lover from tone pot on Bluesboy

Wed May 08, 2019 7:12 am

Found the diagram, in case anyone was wondering about this as well - I have heard it was common to find the Seth Lover in the neck to be somewhere between dark and unbearably dark, and this is a fix. I was going to yank the Seth and put in a Bartolini when I heard a distant, "NO...wait!" lol

Disconnect the wire where the red blob is ... hook a wire where the red line is.