ASAT Deluxe Wiring Question

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:01 pm

I'm thinking about purchasing an ASAT Deluxe, but I have a few questions about the wiring/pickup options. This particular guitar does have new pickups but is advertised to have factory stock wiring. The guitar has both a 3-way mini toggle (not the pickup selector) and a push/pull tone pot. In my limited research, I haven't come across a Deluxe with both options and wondering how everything functions. Maybe the mini toggle is full humbucker in position 1, splits the neck in position 2, and splits the bridge in position 3. Maybe the push/pull is parallel/series or simply splits one pickup and mini toggle selects the individual coils on the other? Does this even sound like stock G&L wiring? I kind of think a previous owner may have added the push/pull for different options...don't know. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for your time, and I hope all is well.

Re: ASAT Deluxe Wiring Question

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:I'm thinking about purchasing an ASAT Deluxe, but I have a few questions about the wiring/pickup options. This particular guitar does have new pickups but is advertised to have factory stock wiring. The guitar has both a 3-way mini toggle (not the pickup selector) and a push/pull tone pot. In my limited research, I haven't come across a Deluxe with both options and wondering how everything functions. Maybe the mini toggle is full humbucker in position 1, splits the neck in position 2, and splits the bridge in position 3. Maybe the push/pull is parallel/series or simply splits one pickup and mini toggle selects the individual coils on the other? Does this even sound like stock G&L wiring? I kind of think a previous owner may have added the push/pull for different options...don't know. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for your time, and I hope all is well.

See this in our Gallery: ASAT Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top wiring schematics.

Hope this helps.

Re: ASAT Deluxe Wiring Question

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks Craig. Based on the diagrams this guitar has definitely been modified.