Need help to find out body wood

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi! I bought a used S-500 (USA) built in 1994 in a good condition. The body is black coloured. However, I don't know what kind of wood is used. In the specs is mentioned that 1994 had been used ash or mahogany for the S-500 bodies. Can anybody help pls? Dennis K.

Re: Need help to find out body wood

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:43 pm

DennisK wrote:Hi! I bought a used S-500 (USA) built in 1994 in a good condition. The body is black coloured. However, I don't know what kind of wood is used. In the specs is mentioned that 1994 had been used ash or mahogany for the S-500 bodies. Can anybody help pls? Dennis K.

Remove the trem cover and take a photo of the trem cavity. Post the photo here, see the link for the Tutorisl on posting photos in this post:
Welcome! Read This First

We should be able to tell whether it is Alder, Swamp Ash, or Mahogany.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:35 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-i-lf ... p=drivesdk

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:38 am

Sorry, it is very difficult to post a picture... I posted the link to the pic in Google Drive... Cheers Dennis

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:31 am

That looks like alder to me. Alder is typically the default wood for solid colors.
Cheers, Dan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:34 am

DennisK wrote:Sorry, it is very difficult to post a picture... I posted the link to the pic in Google Drive... Cheers Dennis

Here is your photo which I resized and put into my Registered User Gallery:

WitSok wrote:That looks like alder to me. Alder is typically the default wood for solid colors.
Cheers, Dan

I agree that it is Alder.

Hope this helps.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 am

Thank you so much!!
Dennis