Another Trem Arm Question

Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:49 pm

I am a recovering Les Paul player and am not familiar with tremolo arms. Which includes the trem arm on my new Fullerton Deluxe S500. When I insert the trem arm and tighten the set screw, the arm operates great. But is also impossible to easily flick out of the way when I don't want it near my hand. Am I missing something about how to install the arm? As I said, I am not very familiar with these but I'm a pretty handy guy and can't for the life of me figure out how to secure the arm with the set screw AND make it easily movable. And of course there's also the issue of having to pull out the hex wrench every time i put it in the case. I loooooove this guitar. Please tell me I'm missing something!

the Palm

Re: Another Trem Arm Question

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Palmtree wrote:I am a recovering Les Paul player and am not familiar with tremolo arms. Which includes the trem arm on my new Fullerton Deluxe S500. When I insert the trem arm and tighten the set screw, the arm operates great. But is also impossible to easily flick out of the way when I don't want it near my hand. Am I missing something about how to install the arm? As I said, I am not very familiar with these but I'm a pretty handy guy and can't for the life of me figure out how to secure the arm with the set screw AND make it easily movable. And of course there's also the issue of having to pull out the hex wrench every time i put it in the case. I loooooove this guitar. Please tell me I'm missing something!

the Palm

Do not tighten the allen screw too tight, just enough to hold the trem bar in place. You should be able to remove the trem bsr without loosening the set screw and
put the bar bsck in without tightening it again. See: G&L's DF Vibrato System.

Hope this helps.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Is there a small nylon bushing at the end of the set screw?
It sounds like you might be missing that.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Aha! The old set-screw-without-the-bushing-trick! The bushing had fallen off and was lying in the bottom of the arm base. Got it out. It fits on the set screw w/ superglue, epoxy, elmers, nails, screws, rivets, what? Or does the little bugger bushing just press onto the little bugger set-screw? Life as a recovering LP player is soooooo complicated :shocked028:

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it.

The Palm

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Cool !!
You should be able to press fit it in. Once adjusted to apply just a touch of pressure
against the arm, it will do everything you want...stay where you want it, easily pushes away,
slides out with an easy tug, slides back in with an easy push.
If it won't stay in, it may have been deformed and you might have to turn it around, or order new ones from G&L.
Welcome to Whammy World
:elguitar054:

Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Thanks all y'all! I'm all over it!

the Palm :thumbup: