Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:54 am

I just recieved my new 2018 Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic a couple weeks ago. I have searched for the answer on here but to no avail. My situation is with the neck pickup. Cavity has 3 wires coming from neck pickup hole - white and 2 black. Ohm meter shows which 2 are pickup, but second black shows it is ground to pickup cover. If wired as ground, always on and lower output. If I connect this to same as pickup ground work fine. Doesn't make sense.I know picks would help but I already put it back together.

Re: Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:30 pm

Carycme wrote:I just recieved my new 2018 Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic a couple weeks ago. I have searched for the answer on here but to no avail. My situation is with the neck pickup. Cavity has 3 wires coming from neck pickup hole - white and 2 black. Ohm meter shows which 2 are pickup, but second black shows it is ground to pickup cover. If wired as ground, always on and lower output. If I connect this to same as pickup ground work fine. Doesn't make sense.I know picks would help but I already put it back together.

Is this one of the Musician's Friend G&L Tribute Limited Editions? See: 2015-present MF/GC Exclusive Tribute Models,
Please post a photo of your Tribute. To post photos see this post and look for the link to our Tutorial on posting photos: Welcome! Read This First.
Perhaps one of our members has the same guitar and can check the wiring in their guitar. Unfortunately, we don't have any wiring diagrams for the LE Tribute ASAT Classic Alnico,
nor the LE Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Alnico in our Gallery.

Once you identify which model you have, I will ask one of my contacts at the factory if they have a copy of the wiring diagram which I can post.

Looking forward to seeing your guitar. :searching:

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 am

I forgot to mention, doing the 4 way switch mod.
Yes, it is the Olympic White version of the newer models.
G&L Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic Alnico [NEW 8/2016]

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Carycme wrote:I forgot to mention, doing the 4 way switch mod.
Yes, it is the Olympic White version of the newer models.
G&L Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic Alnico [NEW 8/2016]

Can you post a schematic of your 4 way switch mod?

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:45 pm

https://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/i-2002/2002.gif

Also I would like to replace the nut (neck really) and is it slotted on the bottom, round or flat?

Thanks

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Carycme wrote:https://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/i-2002/2002.gif

Also I would like to replace the nut (neck really) and is it slotted on the bottom, round or flat?

Thanks

Tribute nuts are flat, see this post: Are G&L nuts curved or flat on the bottom?.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:50 pm

It looks like it is a bone nut from specs, is that correct? No need to replace if so.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Carycme wrote:It looks like it is a bone nut from specs, is that correct? No need to replace if so.

What specs are you referring to?
The Tribute Series instruments have plastic nuts, but they are not spelled out in the
Tribute Series specs on G&L's main website, nor in the Dealer Tribute Series Price Lists.
See this post: Tribute nut material?

Hope this helps.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:38 am

Hola. First off, I'm new to the forum, so please excuse my ignorance.

This reply is about my own LE Tribute ASAT Classic; however, I'm hoping to get an answer regarding its pickups.

According to its specs, the LE has "G&L designed" Alnico pickups, as opposed to the other Tribute-series ASATs that have MFD pickups made in USA.

Now, in the G&L store I see pickups identical to mine that sell for $69.95, but it doesn't mention whether or not they're American-made. So my question is... does anyone know if the pickups in my LE are the same as the pickups sold on G&L's site, or are they cheaper, foreign-made pickups? Even if they are, they still sound pretty good to my ears, especially the bridge pickup. I'm just curious.

Thanks, folks!

Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:14 am

yomutha wrote:Hola. First off, I'm new to the forum, so please excuse my ignorance.

This reply is about my own LE Tribute ASAT Classic; however, I'm hoping to get an answer regarding its pickups.

According to its specs, the LE has "G&L designed" Alnico pickups, as opposed to the other Tribute-series ASATs that have MFD pickups made in USA.

Now, in the G&L store I see pickups identical to mine that sell for $69.95, but it doesn't mention whether or not they're American-made. So my question is... does anyone know if the pickups in my LE are the same as the pickups sold on G&L's site, or are they cheaper, foreign-made pickups? Even if they are, they still sound pretty good to my ears, especially the bridge pickup. I'm just curious.

Thanks, folks!

See this post: Note About G&L Tribute Series Guitar Pickups.

Hope this helps.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:44 am

Thank you so much!

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 am

I just got this same model for Christmas this year and I love it. I was going to do a treble bleed and 4 way switch on it as well but it seems they already do the treble bleed stock! I love this guitar!