Wiring Schematic incorrect on the site

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:56 am

Hi again. Maybe @Craig can give me a hand with this. I've been looking at the legacy special schematics on the site and I see the diagram is incorrect. In both the drawing and the picture, I see a 200 pf capacitor on the volume know (likely the treble bleed) but the diagram does not have it.

Can I assume the picture and drawing are correct?

Thanks!

Re: Wiring Schematic incorrect on the site

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:57 am

I'm pretty sure now the drawing is incomplete. See http://www.yowhatsshakin.com/yowhatssha ... s/PTB.html

- Jos

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:29 pm

nachoharriague wrote:Hi again. Maybe @Craig can give me a hand with this. I've been looking at the legacy special schematics on the site and I see the diagram is incorrect. In both the drawing and the picture, I see a 200 pf capacitor on the volume know (likely the treble bleed) but the diagram does not have it.

Thanks!

I think they did not originally have the Treble Bleed cap, so that may be why the 1/98 Wiring Diagram does not show it.
I have emailed Paul Gagon to find out it this is the case and if so, when the Treble Bleed cap was added.
The picture and drawing by Paul reflect the current wiring.

Stay tuned.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Craig wrote:
nachoharriague wrote:Hi again. Maybe @Craig can give me a hand with this. I've been looking at the legacy special schematics on the site and I see the diagram is incorrect. In both the drawing and the picture, I see a 200 pf capacitor on the volume know (likely the treble bleed) but the diagram does not have it.

Thanks!

I think they did not originally have the Treble Bleed cap, so that may be why the 1/98 Wiring Diagram does not show it.
I have emailed Paul Gagon to find out it this is the case and if so, when the Treble Bleed cap was added.
The picture and drawing by Paul reflect the current wiring.

Stay tuned.

I heard back from Paul:

The schematic is what I drew off of a sample unit I had in front of me at the time. Same goes for the wiring diagram, which was probably done later.
I don’t know when the 200pf cap was added but I’m sure it was pretty early on. It should be there cause it does work better with it.

So, now we know why the wiring schematic is drawn that way. The early sample unit did not have the treble bleed cap.
I added a note to the Wiring Diagram in the Gallery about the missing 200pf cap on the volume pot.

Hope this helps.

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:03 am

Thanks a lot Craig! And please thanks Paul too.

I'll try this, as well as other combinations since I'm not using the same pups :)