Asat classic tribute vs Asat tribute

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Hi, my name is Raul,from Monterrey, Mexico.
I want to buy my third G&L (I have a Rampage USA from 1985 and a Rampage tribute), and it's going to be an ASAT Classic (probably).
I saw one at a really good price with a tint maple neck, and the MFD pickups, beautiful guitar (US store) . But then, here in Monterrey, I saw one that says only ASAT (nothing about classic or bluesboy) , also MFD pickups, no tint but also maple neck.
My question is: What type of ASAT was that?, and would it be any difference in the neck profile anf pickups? To be honest, the one I saw here in Mexico doesn't look as nice, and I can't know if there would be a difference on that neck. Didn't felt that nice.
Thanks for oyur help.

Re: Asat classic tribute vs Asat tribute

Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:41 pm

raga80 wrote:Hi, my name is Raul,from Monterrey, Mexico.
I want to buy my third G&L (I have a Rampage USA from 1985 and a Rampage tribute), and it's going to be an ASAT Classic (probably).
I saw one at a really good price with a tint maple neck, and the MFD pickups, beautiful guitar (US store) . But then, here in Monterrey, I saw one that says only ASAT (nothing about classic or bluesboy) , also MFD pickups, no tint but also maple neck.
My question is: What type of ASAT was that?, and would it be any difference in the neck profile anf pickups? To be honest, the one I saw here in Mexico doesn't look as nice, and I can't know if there would be a difference on that neck. Didn't felt that nice.
Thanks for oyur help.

Hola. Do you have any pictures, and was it definitely a Tribute model and not a USA model?

Re: Asat classic tribute vs Asat tribute

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:56 pm

raga80 wrote:Hi, my name is Raul,from Monterrey, Mexico.
Thanks for oyur help.

The Tribute ASAT you saw would be called a Tribute ASAT Special. See this post of the current Tribute Series models:
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=15031.
The pickups and bridge are different from the Tribute ASAT Classic.

I definitely recommend you try the Tribute ASAT Special and a Tribute ASAT Classic if they are available for you to try.
You might also check G&L’s YouTube channel to see and hear them in action.

Hope this helps.