Ground noise, I think? Weird

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:06 am

Hello,
Im new here,and just bought a new Legacy Tribute...
I'm not sure what to do on my issue. I realy dont want to return it. because I ordered it from Guitar Center online and would be a hassle to return,and wait for another one.. Anywy, there wasn't any registration or warranty info. with it,so I need info. about that. And, when my I touch or slide my hand or finger across the pickguard around the areas where the pickup adjustment screws are,I hear cracks and sizzleing sounds,yet while playing,there is no breakup as to whats being played..I would like to take it to an authorized repair shop for warranty work,but dont know how to go about it without my guitar not registered and no warranty paperwork..
Please help,
Thank you

Re: Ground noise, I think? Weird

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:08 am

Sounds like a static build up between the pickguard and the body. Happens on new guitars once in a while.

Some guys pull the pickguard off, and rub the underside of it down with a sheet of fabric softener (bounce etc.), wherever the pickguard and body would meet.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:50 am

Overkill wrote:Hello,
Im new here,and just bought a new Legacy Tribute...
I'm not sure what to do on my issue. I realy dont want to return it. because I ordered it from Guitar Center online and would be a hassle to return,and wait for another one.. Anywy, there wasn't any registration or warranty info. with it,so I need info. about that. And, when my I touch or slide my hand or finger across the pickguard around the areas where the pickup adjustment screws are,I hear cracks and sizzleing sounds,yet while playing,there is no breakup as to whats being played..I would like to take it to an authorized repair shop for warranty work,but dont know how to go about it without my guitar not registered and no warranty paperwork..
Please help,
Thank you

See this on G&L's main website: G&L PRODUCT SUPPORT.

If you bought your G&L new (with warranty), please contact your dealer first. Your dealer may be able to resolve the problem quickly.

If your new G&L Tribute Series instrument is missing the warranty registration card, you may download it.
For warranty repairs in the USA and Canada please contact the dealer where you purchased your G&L.
For other repair inquiries in the USA and Canada please call (714)897-6766 extension 156 or send an email.
For all repairs outside the USA and Canada please contact your national distributor.

Hope this helps.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:04 am

Here is a link for the static solution-- Darwin

http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=5497&p=34282&hilit=pickguard+static+darwinohm#p34282

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:33 pm

Also I would like to add that in the support section to download the warranty that link does not work it keeps saying error 404 not found

Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:26 pm

Overkill wrote:Also I would like to add that in the support section to download the warranty that link does not work it keeps saying error 404 not found

I will let G&L know about this, so they can fix their new website. BTW, neither of the warranty cards are accessible from there. :oops:

I have downloaded the warranty cards from the Internet Archive of the previous G&L main website.

Here are the links to them in our Gallery:

Tribute Series Warranty Card (pdf)

USA G&L Warranty Card (pdf)

Hope this helps.