Wiring diagram for G&L SB-1 for passive P-bass wiring harnes

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi. I just received my G&L SB-1 bass pickups. How do I wire using just a standard passive P bass wiring harness? And will I reduce the pickups advantages by wiring to a standard P bass harness. Thanks. I see one pickup has a green and a yellow wire in addition to the black grounding wire. I am clueless where to solder or did I bite off more than I can chew with these pickups using a standard P bass harness?

Re: Wiring diagram for G&L SB-1 for passive P-bass wiring ha

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:02 am

BoppinSol wrote:Hi. I just received my G&L SB-1 bass pickups. How do I wire using just a standard passive P bass wiring harness? And will I reduce the pickups advantages by wiring to a standard P bass harness. Thanks. I see one pickup has a green and a yellow wire in addition to the black grounding wire. I am clueless where to solder or did I bite off more than I can chew with these pickups using a standard P bass harness?

Here is a link to the Technical schematics and wiring diagrams on G&L's (2017) website (Internet Archive):
Technical schematics and wiring diagrams on G&L's (2017) website (Internet Archive).

Since none of our member bass players don't seem to have any recommendations, you might check over at Ken Baker's bassesbyleo.com forum.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link to Internet Archive to 2017 G&L website