2015 G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Pickup Height

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:11 am

I’m new to the forum so wasn’t sure where to post my question.

Anyway, I have a 2015 G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy with stock humbucker in the neck and stock single coil in the bridge. Ive been researching on pickup height but can’t seem to find a definite answer. Ive read G&L’s manual on the pickup height but found it confusing. I emailed G&L repair and received this response from a tech which I’m not sure about either:

With your finger on the last fret of the low E string .. measure 3/32" from string to pole on all pickups.. repeat process on high E string and use same measurement 3/32.......

So I’m kind of confused :shocked028: Hoping I can get some help on this. Appreciate all feedback in form of instruction, links to literature, videos etc.

Thanks!

Re: 2015 G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Pickup Height

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:30 am

Ivan wrote:I’m new to the forum so wasn’t sure where to post my question.

Anyway, I have a 2015 G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy with stock humbucker in the neck and stock single coil in the bridge. Ive been researching on pickup height but can’t seem to find a definite answer. Ive read G&L’s manual on the pickup height but found it confusing. I emailed G&L repair and received this response from a tech which I’m not sure about either:

With your finger on the last fret of the low E string .. measure 3/32" from string to pole on all pickups.. repeat process on high E string and use same measurement 3/32.......

So I’m kind of confused :shocked028: Hoping I can get some help on this. Appreciate all feedback in form of instruction, links to literature, videos etc.

Thanks!

For pickup height settings, see: What should the pickup height setting be?.

Also, search this sub-forum by topic for additional setup suggestions, too.

Hope this helps.

Re: 2015 G&L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy Pickup Height

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks! I’ll check that out.