View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Legacy Pickup Dimensions 

Post Legacy Pickup Dimensions
I am currently in the process of switching out the pickup covers on the Dimarzio Injector pickups that are installed on my 2010 Legacy Special. During this process I hit a snag, so during the delay I figured I might as well replace the pickguard too, as the previous owners scratched it up a bunch, and it also has yellowed quite a bit on the front in the 7 years it's been around. I can clearly see this around the knobs.

So, issue is whether to get the 600 pickguard, which it had, or to go for a 611, which is recommended for non G&L pickups.

Does anyone have the dimensions for the G&L single coils and/or Dual Blade pickups? The Hum Cancelling dimarzios are slightly bigger than standard strat pickups, but I don't know how big the G&L ones are. The pickups I have are 2.77 X .72 inches. Standard strat pickups are 2.74 X .69 inches.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:32 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Legacy Pickup Dimensions
tbonesullivan wrote:
I am currently in the process of switching out the pickup covers on the Dimarzio Injector pickups that are installed on my 2010 Legacy Special. During this process I hit a snag, so during the delay I figured I might as well replace the pickguard too, as the previous owners scratched it up a bunch, and it also has yellowed quite a bit on the front in the 7 years it's been around. I can clearly see this around the knobs.

So, issue is whether to get the 600 pickguard, which it had, or to go for a 611, which is recommended for non G&L pickups.

Does anyone have the dimensions for the G&L single coils and/or Dual Blade pickups? The Hum Cancelling dimarzios are slightly bigger than standard strat pickups, but I don't know how big the G&L ones are. The pickups I have are 2.77 X .72 inches. Standard strat pickups are 2.74 X .69 inches.

The G&L CLF100 Alnico single coil middle pickup measurement I get is 2.74 X .70 inches. This is from my ASAT Classic S Alnico Launch Edition model.

Hope this helps.

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile WWW

awesome! Thanks so much. I'll have to check my other Legacy as well.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:09 pm

this is interesting

I was recently comparing my Strat to my Legacy

the strat pups can be set much closer to the strings than the legacy; due to the higher neck/bridge distance off the top on the G&L

I find I need to max out the legacy pup heights to get anywhere near the strats sound & output

I was considering shaving down the "wings" on the legacy pups, so I could raise them even higher

I suspect the MFD pickups that G&L used before the legacy was designed, have a much higher output & thus this wasn't an issue?

however with vintage style alnico pups, it is more noticeable

....what do you guys think?

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]