Neck Profile

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Hello,
Is there any current production model with a Classic Wide C neck profile?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Re: Neck Profile

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:14 pm

PALNUCCIO wrote:Hello,

Not standard. You'd have to go to a G&L dealer and custom order your desired model with such a neck profile. Most models do have the option though, with 2 exceptions I am aware of: the Fallout (Slim C) and the Doheny (Modern Classic) only come with a single offered neck profile. That does not mean you cannot chose any other fingerboard radius, but the neck profile is fixed.

I tried to order my Doheny with a Classic Wide C neck but was rebuffed. But I could order a 12" fingerboard with it. Looking forward to see the results in a week or 6.

- Jos

Re: Neck Profile

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:54 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:
PALNUCCIO wrote:Hello,

Not standard. You'd have to go to a G&L dealer and custom order your desired model with such a neck profile. Most models do have the option though, with 2 exceptions I am aware of: the Fallout (Slim C) and the Doheny (Modern Classic) only come with a single offered neck profile. That does not mean you cannot chose any other fingerboard radius, but the neck profile is fixed.

I tried to order my Doheny with a Classic Wide C neck but was rebuffed. But I could order a 12" fingerboard with it. Looking forward to see the results in a week or 6.

- Jos

There are three current standard guitar models which only come with a single offered neck profile:
Doheny (Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius) - all radius options are available; no neck profile options are available at this time,
F-100 (Classic C), and SC-2 (Classic C).
The Fallout does have neck profile options but must be those with the 1 5/8” nut width only.
See: September 1, 2017-present G&L U.S. Specifications & Options.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:
Last edited by Craig on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added the specific corrections per the current Dealer Price List