Re: Problems with set screw for trem bar on G&L bridge

Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:22 pm

Sadhu wrote:I'm on my 3rd G&L and love them. My new one is a Legacy. This one has a problem with the set screw on the trem arm coming loose all the time. After I remove it about a half dozen times in between playing, the set screw gets real loose and I'll have to tighten it up again with the allan wrench. On my other G&L guitars (Legacy Special and F-100), I played thousands of times and never ONCE had to adjust the set screw! It is my understanding that G&L introduced a new type of bridge in 2006? Maybe there is some type of design flaw here? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set this thing and then "forget about it" for the next 10 years!? Thanks!

Check to make sure that the nylon bushing is between the allen screw and the trem bar. If it is missing, you will score the trem
bar and will not provide a tight fit.

If you are missing the nylon bushing, you can order the tension screw set from the G&L online store.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Craig on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated G&L On-Line Store link

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:05 pm

Craig wrote:If you are missing the nylon bushing, you can order the tension screw set from the G&L online store.

Hope this helps.

Hi Craig,

This topic has been raised elsewhere. I don't remember where. But, I do recall that you were going to challenge G&L on the extortionate shipping costs they charge for small items like these. Did you get anywhere with them? I would really like to buy a set of these tension screws and nylon bushings, but I'm not paying the shipping costs quoted on their website. They have got to be kidding, haven't they? They need to review their shipping costs! They're never going to attract any customers until they do so. Would you please have a word with them.

Thanks.

Bill

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:05 am

BillEvans1956 wrote:Hi Craig,

This topic has been raised elsewhere. I don't remember where. But, I do recall that you were going to challenge G&L on the extortionate shipping costs they charge for small items like these. Did you get anywhere with them? I would really like to buy a set of these tension screws and nylon bushings, but I'm not paying the shipping costs quoted on their website. They have got to be kidding, haven't they? They need to review their shipping costs! They're never going to attract any customers until they do so. Would you please have a word with them.

Thanks.

Bill

Well, I never said "I would challenge G&L" but did say that I would contact them, which I did.
Here's the thread: Tension Screw Set.

Hope this helps.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Finding the proper sized set screw should be easy. For the nylon part you probably could "modify" a similar sized nylon screw by cutting/filing off the threads and cutting to proper length.

Alp