Need specs for SC-2 build

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:45 am

Hi gang, I'm not a G&L owner, but I'd like to be. I've worked on my own guitars, and built a neck and body for a Telecaster that turned out less than perfect. That was a huge learning mission and I used nearly all free wood fir the build. I'm now gathering information to build an SC-2 or Fallout. Sourcing the MFD's may be cost prohibitive, but this is a long term build and that's an issue to solve later. I'm looking for as much information on the body and neck dimensions as I can gather. This is a onetime build, for myself alone. There are gobs of templates and PDF templates available for Fender and Gibson body's and necks, but I've found nothing comparable for G&L. The closest I've found is Fender a Musicmaster body template. If you have any resources you can direct me to, I'd greatly appreciate it. Specifically, body dimensions (thickness, measurements at the waist). I can probably start with a Strat neck shape and freehand it from there, but I'd really like to get it "right", not "close-ish".

It'll be a slow build, but I hope to do a build thread on it.