Micro Tilt adjust, '82 S-500

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Hello everybody. New to the forum, but the main reason I joined is I recently acquired a 1982 S-500. Yes, I will get around to registering it, but right now I'm doing some cleaning and tweaking. My question is about the Micro-Tilt adjust screw. I can't figure out what it requires as far as a wrench. The manual doesn't say, although it seems to indicate it is an allen wrench in the diagram. I can't seem to find any allen wrenches that fit it, and from what I can see of it, it doesn't look like a straight or phillips screw. Is it a star-type T-tool? I wouldn't think so since even the smallest ones don't fit through the neck plate. I guess it could have gotten damaged over the years and be unusable, but the threads coming throught the plate in the neck pocket look pristine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

dan

Re: Micro Tilt adjust, '82 S-500

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:17 pm

The wrench is a hex key/allen wrench, sized 3/32". Make sure you loosen the lower screw before adjusting the tilt. Tighten it after you get it to spec. The sizes of all of the allen wrenches, etc., are in the "Knowlegebase" under "General", not "Tech Tips".