View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 I need a measurement on ASAT special routing. 

Post I need a measurement on ASAT special routing.
Hey again y'all. This is related to my ever-present custom shop project. I've done so much digging and research about the Cavalier pickups, and I've learned that, in order to fix some of the design flaws, they need to be taller. When I get the white pickup covers 3d printed, I may have them extend them down slightly to make room for more coil wire in the cavity.

My question is this: In an ASAT special with Dual Fulcrum Vibrato, how much room do I have to play with between the pickup route and the tremolo cavity? I'm only planning to extend a couple mm if at all, but I don't want to send the custom shop pickups that are so tall they can't route them without breaking through to the other route.

Does anyone happen to be able to determine the amount of wood left between the front and rear routing? I assume you need some kind of callipers with a digital readout, but I do not just such tools, and my ASAT is in the shop rn.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm getting close and closer!

Sat May 02, 2020 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]