ASAT Deluxe Tribute pickup wiring

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:18 pm

I picked up a pair of these used as an experiment to put in a Jazzblaster project. The seller claimed they'd come from an ASAT Deluxe Tribute. I don't see reference to these in the "Pickups List" post, though- they're:

PTP6043-GL/LP-CRM-4P-R (14.88K)
PTP6042-GL/LP-CRM-4P-F (8.66K)

Both are 5-wire and have G&L baseplates.

Anyone know if they're ceramic or alnico?

I figured out the wiring to be:

Red: +
White: ground
Bare: ground
Black/blue: tie together for humbucking, shunt to ground to coil split.

I figured I'd list the model numbers and wiring to help anyone Googling for the wiring color scheme.
Last edited by Beyer160 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: ASAT Deluxe Tribute pickup wiring

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Beyer160 wrote:I picked up a pair of these used as an experiment to put in a Jazzblaster project. The seller claimed they'd come from an ASAT Deluxe Tribute. I don't see reference to these in the "Pickups List" post, though- they're:

PTP6043-GL/LP-CRM-4P-R (14.88K)
PTP6042-GL/LP-CRM-4P-F (8.66K)

Both are 5-wire and have G&L baseplates.

Anyone know if they're ceramic or alnico?

I figured out the wiring to be:

Red: +
White: ground
Bare: ground
Black/blue: tie together for humbucking, shunt to ground to soil split.

I figured I'd list the model numbers and wiring to help anyone Googling for the wiring color scheme.

I emailed your post to a G&L contact and here is his reply:

Those are the right resistance readings for an ASAT Deluxe. That is not a G&L part number, I’d expect that to be a Cort part number. As far as I know, G&L never sent over humbuckers for ASAT Deluxe.
They were all made in Korea or Indonesia. Those would be alnico 5 magnets.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:06 am

Craig wrote:

Those are the right resistance readings for an ASAT Deluxe. That is not a G&L part number, I’d expect that to be a Cort part number. As far as I know, G&L never sent over humbuckers for ASAT Deluxe.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I suspected they were offshore pickups, but the G&L baseplates confused me. I don't really consider that a problem though, since the Cort pickups in my MF Special Run Tribute Legacy and the Tribute ASAT Deluxes I've played sounded good regardless. I mainly wanted to document the wiring on these in case anyone was searching for it.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:30 am

Beyer160 wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I suspected they were offshore pickups, but the G&L baseplates confused me. I don't really consider that a problem though, since the Cort pickups in my MF Special Run Tribute Legacy and the Tribute ASAT Deluxes I've played sounded good regardless. I mainly wanted to document the wiring on these in case anyone was searching for it.

Also, check our Gallery Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics and on G&L's main website: Technical schematics and wiring diagrams, too.