View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 ASAT 3-WAY SWITCH ISSUE. 

Post ASAT 3-WAY SWITCH ISSUE.
Hello,
I've had some issues with the sound on my guitar.. i thought it was the pickups but now im 90% sure its the 3 way switch. When put the switch into bridge postion, both the neck and the bridge pickups are still working. Its as if its stuck in the middle postion or its been re wired.. i took a lool at the wiring and it doesnt look like its been touched... any suggestions?

I have pics but i have no idea how to post them from my phone to this.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:09 am

Post Re: ASAT 3-WAY SWITCH ISSUE.
There are pictures of what the wiring for most common G&Ls should look like here.

If it is an ASAT classic it should look like this:

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:08 am
Site Admin

Brobb wrote:
Hello,
I've had some issues with the sound on my guitar.. i thought it was the pickups but now im 90% sure its the 3 way switch. When put the switch into bridge postion, both the neck and the bridge pickups are still working. Its as if its stuck in the middle postion or its been re wired.. i took a lool at the wiring and it doesnt look like its been touched... any suggestions?

I have pics but i have no idea how to post them from my phone to this.

You might try using some Tuner Control Cleaner & Lubricant on the pickup selector switch.

For posting photos, see: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:00 pm
Profile WWW

Ok... so I am really having troubles posting my pics.. I have looked at a Schematic for the ASAT and then looked at the wiring for my guitar... the Yellow wire for the neck pick up is running to the same side as the white wire from my bridge pick up.. in the schematic, it shows them on different sides of the switch (1 on the front set of tabs, one on the back side of the tabs... could this be the issue maybe? I'm probably just going to change them and see what happens.... Also i'm missing the resistor on the tone control... someone has taken the tab that the resistor should connect to, and soldered it to the body of the tone control... seems weird...

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:27 pm

If you use the picture above, the yellow and the white are the same side of the switch. The bare jumper wire is connected to the same spot as my neck pickup wire...

Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:39 pm

I switched the wire coming off the Neck pick up to the opposite side of the 3 way switch.. Everything seems to be working perfect now.. Looking at the electrical, someone has def been into it and changed some stuff.... but none the less, she sounds like an actual G&L now from what I've seen and heard.
Thanks for the help.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]