Copper springs

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:13 am

Hi guys,,i'm curious about these copper center springs. As you all have felt i'm sure, these springs are not copper, they might be copper coated, they might be a copper alloy of a type, but there certainly not just copper. So it raises the question, is it copper based to ensure a good conductive path to the tension plate and screws, does it have an effect on resonant frequencies be they aiding or opposing a specific frequency band, i just dont know. Why are they used and what are they actually made off. Can anyone answer this question for me?.

Re: Copper springs

Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:13 am

geoff douglas wrote:Hi guys,,i'm curious about these copper center springs. As you all have felt i'm sure, these springs are not copper, they might be copper coated, they might be a copper alloy of a type, but there certainly not just copper. So it raises the question, is it copper based to ensure a good conductive path to the tension plate and screws, does it have an effect on resonant frequencies be they aiding or opposing a specific frequency band, i just dont know. Why are they used and what are they actually made off. Can anyone answer this question for me?.

Sure, see this post: What's the logic behind the Leo era copper tremolo spring?.

:ugeek:

Re: Copper springs

Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Thanks Craig, i will look now.