View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Comanche Studio VI Conversion 

Post Comanche Studio VI Conversion
Hello! I am in need of a little help. I am currently in the process of turning my Tribute Legacy into a Comanche Studio VI, however I cannot seem to find anything as to how it's wired. If anyone knows of a good diagram, or even if someone has one, take a photo of the the electronics on the back so I can have an idea how to wire it. This seems like a fun project but I don't know how to wire, all help is very appreciated! Thank you!

Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:26 am

Post Re: Comanche Studio VI Conversion
First of all, you will have to replace the Legacy-pickups with z-coils, as you may only implement that wiring with Z-Coils. There's also a pickup available from Seymour-Duncan, which is single coil but has one coil for upper and one coil for lower strings.

I think, here's all described you will have to know about the wiring: http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/US ... /index.asp

It should be pretty simple and if you can't create the wiring by yourself with that description, you probably should not start that project.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Comanche Studio VI Conversion
alextguitarist wrote:
Hello! I am in need of a little help. I am currently in the process of turning my Tribute Legacy into a Comanche Studio VI, however I cannot seem to find anything as to how it's wired. If anyone knows of a good diagram, or even if someone has one, take a photo of the the electronics on the back so I can have an idea how to wire it. This seems like a fun project but I don't know how to wire, all help is very appreciated! Thank you!

I recently got a copy of the G&L factory Comanche VI/Comanche Studio VI wiring diagram from Paul Gagon. Here's the link to it in our Gallery: Album: Wiring diagram for the Comanche VI and Comanche Studio VI.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]