View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 G&L Comanche with Seymour Duncan JB sh-4. Anyone tried this? 

Post G&L Comanche with Seymour Duncan JB sh-4. Anyone tried this?
So I have been wanting to make my Comanche a bit more versatile like my hss strat.

Recently I put a 59 neck and duncan custom into my esp custom build but first tried the JB in the bridge. It was a bit too hot so I switched the the sh-5 which isn't so scooped.

Anyways I read that the JB bridge sh-4 goes very nicely into strats and teles with the 250k pots.

Since I still have this JB I was wondering if anyone has tried this. I know the 250k pots calm the JB quite a bit and that actually got me thinking because the zcoils are already a bit of a brite pickup. Would the softer tone the pots bring to the JB end up causing it to clash with the zcoils?

Would this become a hzz? Lol

Only reason I havent just tried this is because I would end up taking a Dremel to my pickguard to try it out and thought I would ask around before I start chopping up my pickguard.

Thanks!

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:24 pm

Post Re: G&L Comanche with Seymour Duncan JB sh-4. Anyone tried t
First off, I should state that I've never been much of a fan of HSS guitars. I do have a couple HSH guitars which I approach as HH guitars with one weird position. :D

Instead of a humbucker in the bridge, have you considered the Will Ray Z-Coil? It's cheap-ish on the G&L site, and adds some great oomph to the bridge position.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:37 am

Post Re: G&L Comanche with Seymour Duncan JB sh-4. Anyone tried t
I have absolutely looked into this pickup.

At this point I want to see if there were any opinions on the JB because I already own the pup and don't want to purchase another. I am spread a little thin with financial obligations and just had to purchase a new computer yesterday for my wife.... New purchases are on hold for ome time.

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]