View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Pickup Cover Question 

Post Pickup Cover Question
I have a 2015 Legacy with mint pick guard and pickup covers. I want to replace the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan SSL-5 pickup, but I want the pickup covers to match. The only way I think this could happen is if the G&L covers fit over the Duncan pickup. Does anyone know if this will work?

Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:05 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Pickup Cover Question
Oblio wrote:
I have a 2015 Legacy with mint pick guard and pickup covers. I want to replace the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan SSL-5 pickup, but I want the pickup covers to match. The only way I think this could happen is if the G&L covers fit over the Duncan pickup. Does anyone know if this will work?

I don't have the dimensions of the Legacy pickup cover but here is a link to the Seymour Duncan SSL-5 pickup cover dimensions pdf file.

Please do post whether or not your Legacy pickup cover will fit.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:14 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Pickup Cover Question
Thanks for the info Craig. I took all of the measurements that I could take with the pickup in the guitar and they matched the dimensions of the SSL-5. It would seem the height of the cover would be less critical. Unfortunately the drawings didn't include the size of the magnets and distance between them. I could enlarge the holes if need be and there is a bit of wiggle room on the spacing, although I would think the spacing would be somewhat standard. Perhaps I have enough info to give this a shot?

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]