View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Wiring ASAT Classic "S" for series? 

Post Wiring ASAT Classic "S" for series?
I've been searching around the net and this forum and haven't been able to find it yet - if it even exists. I'm looking for an easy mod to the stock Classic "S" wiring that would change the either the middle position or the N+M+B position (both with the pot pulled) into N+B in series (or M+B in series if necessary).

Thanks to this forum, I was able to get a friend with better soldering skills and more know-how to change a custom job to this (which I believe is the stock set-up - 5 Strat positions with the pot down and N+B in parallel, middle and all 3 with the pot up):

Someone was kind enough to send me a diagram that required an S-Switch, but I'm hoping there's an easy rewiring based on what's already in there.

Thanks!

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:09 am

Post Re: Wiring ASAT Classic "S" for series?
Hi,

I had a guitar tech do this for me. He had to change the push-pull pot to a Fender S-1 switch, but he was able to change the "pushed" position to (from bridge to neck):

1. All three pickups in parallel (original)
2. B+M in Series
3. B+N in parallel (original)
4. M+N in Series
5. B+N in Series

He added a ground to the neck pickup because it was too noisy when used with the bridge in Series. (They're not hum cancelling.)

All in all, I'm very happy with the change. The series selections really add a lot of punch and it makes an already-versatile guitar much more so.

If you decide to have this done and have questions, email my guitar tech:

todd@portlandfretworks.com (attn: Roy). I can't guarantee how much time he'll give you for free, but if you want, mention my name (Mike Austin) and tell him that I referred you regarding the rewiring he did on my G&L Classic S.

Best,

Mike

Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]