View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Question about the Classic Custom Asat pickguard 

Post Question about the Classic Custom Asat pickguard
I bought a used classic custom without the specs and im wondering if its truly a cc because the pickguard has to be removed to raise the neck pickup, which I can only do by adding something under the pickup to make it taller. Shouldnt there be springs in there to raise and lower the pickup, and the shouldnt the pickguard not have to be removed to get to it? Also, Ive seen pickguards for the cc where the whole pickup is exposed, as it should be. Does anyone know where you get them. Thanks in advance.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:59 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Question about the Classic Custom Asat pickguard
capnasat wrote:
I bought a used classic custom without the specs and im wondering if its truly a cc because the pickguard has to be removed to raise the neck pickup, which I can only do by adding something under the pickup to make it taller. Shouldnt there be springs in there to raise and lower the pickup, and the shouldnt the pickguard not have to be removed to get to it? Also, Ive seen pickguards for the cc where the whole pickup is exposed, as it should be. Does anyone know where you get them. Thanks in advance.

There was a pickguard change for the ASAT Classic Custom with the extra fat MFD Jumbo neck pickup. This change hid the two pickup height adjustment screws.
You have one with that change. See these posts: height of the neck pickup/asat classic custom and
ASAT Classic Custom neck pickup height adjustment.

You might contact Ben Rush (G&L Customer Service) and ask him if he can get you the three screws and the two springs which go under the neck pickup. His contact information is on the G&L Support page.

You should be able to get a replacement pickguard from G&L's past pickguard supplier. See: http://pickguards.us/pricegandl.html.
If you are handy with tools, you might just enlarge to pickup hole in the pickguard.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Last edited by Craig on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

added photo and DIY note.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]