G&L Legacy 2011 Buffing for Relic Look

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:55 am

Hi are 2011 Legacy's poly finished on the clear satin maple neck? If so, I wont ever notice a relic effect no matter how long I play--so I've heard. I believe 2011 was the year the USA guitars started to get factory PLEKKED.

If it is indeed poly, can I buff out the (front) neck finish with no ill effects (especially to the abalone dot inlays)? Im looking for a heavy relic look, like Yngwie's Strat.
Also, you shouldn't buff the back of the neck (for actual playability reasons) correct? Is buffing safe for the headstock? Are headstocks relatively new looking even on heavily relic guitars?
Lastly, would aged/scruffed/scratched wood to the body itself look GOOD specifically for glittery looking lacquer? I have the grey Graphite Frost finish. Im hoping this guitar would look sexy as f*ck considering its grey and would thus match the grey dirty look on the authentically played fretboards themselves. If everything goes right; with no finish I can get relatively speedy (compared to nitro since there would no little no finish now) and possible results on clear satin by playing a lot.

Pro's and con's of buffing clear satin poly maple necks?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance!