Humbuckers in S-500

Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:31 pm

I'm changing my MFDs in my S-500 for some Dimarzio humbuckers and was wondering if I may need to change the volume pot for a 500K one.

The guitar DOES NOT lack brightness. Actually, with alnico single coils I've always had to roll back some highs. Any suggestions?

Re: Humbuckers in S-500

Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:15 pm

nachoharriague wrote:I'm changing my MFDs in my S-500 for some Dimarzio humbuckers and was wondering if I may need to change the volume pot for a 500K one.

The guitar DOES NOT lack brightness. Actually, with alnico single coils I've always had to roll back some highs. Any suggestions?

It depends upon whether or not you want to retain the PTB circuit or go with a single tone pot.
See these wiring diagrams in our Gallery:Album: Legacy 2HB Diagrams.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Craig wrote:
nachoharriague wrote:I'm changing my MFDs in my S-500 for some Dimarzio humbuckers and was wondering if I may need to change the volume pot for a 500K one.

It depends upon whether or not you want to retain the PTB circuit or go with a single tone pot.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Craig! I most definitively want to retain PTB circuit. My only concern is that the humbuckers may sound too dull with the 250k pot. I'm putting in two Cruisers and a Tone Zone S, so rail-type pickups. Trial and error is always an option, but I'd rather not go through it :D

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:23 am

nachoharriague wrote:
Craig wrote:

Hope this helps.

Thanks Craig! I most definitively want to retain PTB circuit. My only concern is that the humbuckers may sound too dull with the 250k pot. I'm putting in two Cruisers and a Tone Zone S, so rail-type pickups. Trial and error is always an option, but I'd rather not go through it :D

Oh, similar to the Legacy Special. See: Album: Legacy Special Diagrams.

You might also check Dimarzio's website, as they have wiring diagrams there.

Hope this helps.