G&L Asat Deluxe Carved Top Tribute modifying

Sat May 28, 2016 7:44 am

Just recently bought a G&L Asat Deluxe Carved Top Tribute in transparent red, I really like the feel and colour but not blown away by the sound. Was thinking of putting Seymour Duncan 59s, putting the USA Asat Deluxe bridge (apparently straight fit), changing electronics, and maybe tuners. Any thoughts, would I get quality close to USA model or am I wasting my money by doing that on a cheaper guitar. Cheapest USA Model in Australia (used) would set me back about $1200 US dollars at least, my mods and guitar all up about $600 US dollars. Opinions

Re: G&L Asat Deluxe Carved Top Tribute modifying

Sat May 28, 2016 9:55 am

the only tribute I ever owned I bought for a band mate for teaching me a lot about music and playing with/in a band , ASAT Deluxe carved top that I liked it as good as my USA G&L's and it sounded great through my Mesa's and Carvin amps ..... if it were me I would have a good Bone nut installed , replace the pick ups if you don't like the sound and enjoy the guitar , G&L's tribute series are nice guitars

Sat May 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Old School wrote:Just recently bought a G&L Asat Deluxe Carved Top Tribute in transparent red, I really like the feel and colour but not blown away by the sound. Was thinking of putting Seymour Duncan 59s, putting the USA Asat Deluxe bridge (apparently straight fit), changing electronics, and maybe tuners. Any thoughts, would I get quality close to USA model or am I wasting my money by doing that on a cheaper guitar. Cheapest USA Model in Australia (used) would set me back about $1200 US dollars at least, my mods and guitar all up about $600 US dollars. Opinions

Try using the Search function (suggest using "ASAT +Deluxe +Carve*" as the keywords) to see what has been discussed in the past.

Regarding replacing the Tribute Saddle-Lock bridge: you only need to replace the saddles to the US saddles to upgrade the bridge.

:ugeek:

Sat May 28, 2016 8:31 pm

Craig wrote:Try using the Search function (suggest using "ASAT +Deluxe +Carve*" as the keywords) to see what has been discussed in the past.

Regarding replacing the Tribute Saddle-Lock bridge: you only need to replace the saddles to the US saddles to upgrade the bridge.

So the bridge plate is the same? Anyone know anything about the pickups in them, are they USA made or Asian?

Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 pm

Old School wrote:
Craig wrote:Try using the Search function (suggest using "ASAT +Deluxe +Carve*" as the keywords) to see what has been discussed in the past.

So the bridge plate is the same? Anyone know anything about the pickups in them, are they USA made or Asian?

Yes, the bridge plate is the same. See this post: http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?p=42376#p42376 .
The G&L Alnico humbucker pickups in the Tribute Series are designed by G&L and made in the Indonesia factory.
See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

:ugeek: