Tightening the feel of the DF vibrato

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to "tighten" the DF vibrato. Right now it's extremely sensitive and I'd like to need to push it a little bit harder, not sure if I'm making myself clear. Maybe adding more springs?

Thanks!

Re: Tightening the feel of the DF vibrato

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:10 pm

nachoharriague wrote:Hi all,

I'd like to "tighten" the DF vibrato. Right now it's extremely sensitive and I'd like to need to push it a little bit harder, not sure if I'm making myself clear. Maybe adding more springs?

Thanks!

Either adding more springs or use heavier gauge springs will tighten up the trem action. If you want to add more than three springs, you will need to replace the stock spring claw
with an aftermarket replacement, such as from All-Parts or other guitar parts suppliers.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:53 am

Craig wrote:
nachoharriague wrote:Hi all,

Thanks!

Either adding more springs or use heavier gauge springs will tighten up the trem action. If you want to add more than three springs, you will need to replace the stock spring claw
with an aftermarket replacement, such as from All-Parts or other guitar parts suppliers.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

thanks Craig! I've already done that and it improved a little. Let's see how it goes

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:10 am

I ended up using 5 springs, works like a charm