Need Help with Tribute ASAT Series/Parallel wiring

Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:26 am

I am having some really bad luck trying to wire my Tribute ASAT Classic with a push/pull tone knob for a series/parallel wiring. I get all pickups in parallel, but when I switch to series, I only get the front pickup. I am wondering if anybody has actually gotten this wiring to work, and if they have, please let me know what I'm doing wrong or if the wiring diagram doesn't work with the ASAT. This is the schematic I've been using, http://www.deaf-eddie.net/drawings/tele-series.jpg
Thank you!

Re: Need Help with Tribute ASAT Series/Parallel wiring

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Did you disconnect the (-) wire from the ground plate, and run a new ground?

Pics might help if you can. It should be an easy fix :searching:

Re: Need Help with Tribute ASAT Series/Parallel wiring

Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:17 pm

Here are some of the photos, let me know if I need to retake or take more. https://flic.kr/s/aHskz1LqpQ

Series/Parallel wiring cry for help

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:40 pm

I have tried both push/pull pots and 4-way switches to achieve series/parallel wiring, and nothing has been able to work. I am trying to fit this modification into my Tribute ASAT Classic. I have tried at least five wiring schematics, if not more. If someone has been able to achieve this wiring, please let me know what you did, I have ran out of ideas on what to do. Thank you.

Re: Series/Parallel wiring cry for help

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:49 am

alextguitarist wrote:I have tried both push/pull pots and 4-way switches to achieve series/parallel wiring, and nothing has been able to work. I am trying to fit this modification into my Tribute ASAT Classic. I have tried at least five wiring schematics, if not more. If someone has been able to achieve this wiring, please let me know what you did, I have ran out of ideas on what to do. Thank you.

You might look at this schematic located in our Gallery: Album: SC-2/ASAT 4-Way Switching with revised Tone Control. I know other members have used it and were quite happy with the results. However, I don't know if anyone used it with an ASAT Classic.

If that does not help, I suggest taking it to a local guitar tech to help sort it out.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: