Wiring harness for ASAT Special Deluxe?

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:59 am

All,

I have an ASAT Special Deluxe and I'd like to try one of those 4-position wiring harnesses that add the bridge+neck in series. No-solder is a plus. I've been searching around and it looks like most (all?) of them a) are already mounted on a control plate and/or b) the wires are too short to bridge the ~ 3.75" between the volume and tone controls in the Special Deluxe, and/or c) the shafts are the wrong size for G&L guitars.

I would appreciate it if anyone reading this has experience with this type of mod in the Special Deluxe and would share their insights/experiences.

TIA,

Mike

Re: Wiring harness for ASAT Special Deluxe?

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:01 pm

themikeaustin wrote:All,

I have an ASAT Special Deluxe and I'd like to try one of those 4-position wiring harnesses that add the bridge+neck in series. No-solder is a plus. I've been searching around and it looks like most (all?) of them a) are already mounted on a control plate and/or b) the wires are too short to bridge the ~ 3.75" between the volume and tone controls in the Special Deluxe, and/or c) the shafts are the wrong size for G&L guitars.

I would appreciate it if anyone reading this has experience with this type of mod in the Special Deluxe and would share their insights/experiences.

TIA,

Mike

Sorry, I cannot help you directly, but we do have this wiring diagram created by a long time member in our Gallery,
Here's the link: Album: SC-2/ASAT 4-Way Switching with revised Tone Control.

It's a mod I like to do to one of my ASAT Specials, when I have some free time.

:ugeek: