Legacy USA tremelo / floyd rose help

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi guys, I just bought a used legacy USA with an original floyd retrofitted.. quite a bad job, so Im going to take it to a good tech to fix. The posts have started to crack the wood..hopefully this is fixable!

the guitar is beautiful! my question is, should I restore it with a DF bridge, or just keep the floyd and block it / lock it down?

If i go for the DF, can it be blocked so it only bends down? I don't use trems much anyway, and I don't like them going backwards.

thanks!, Michael

Re: Legacy USA tremelo / floyd rose help

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:31 pm

teamconst1979 wrote:Hi guys, I just bought a used legacy USA with an original floyd retrofitted.. quite a bad job, so Im going to take it to a good tech to fix. The posts have started to crack the wood..hopefully this is fixable!

the guitar is beautiful! my question is, should I restore it with a DF bridge, or just keep the floyd and block it / lock it down?

If i go for the DF, can it be blocked so it only bends down? I don't use trems much anyway, and I don't like them going backwards.

thanks!, Michael

We would need to see photos of the body (front and back) before answering. To post photos, see Tutorial: Posting photos.

As far as blocking the DFV, yes it can be blocked in either/or both directions. See:How do I block the tremelo on my guitar?.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:34 am

thanks, I took it to a Nashville repair shop! getting it glued up and I've decided to just lock down the floyd..do you think that having a regular nut over the locking one makes more sense?

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:15 am

teamconst1979 wrote:thanks, I took it to a Nashville repair shop! getting it glued up and I've decided to just lock down the floyd..do you think that having a regular nut over the locking one makes more sense?

We would need to see photos of the guitar before answering. To post photos, see Tutorial: Posting photos. :searching:

:ugeek: