Phase reversal with mfd pickups

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:34 pm

I have an American asat Classic with the regular mfd pickups. Can I simply reverse the phase of the neck pickup or is it grounded to something I'd have to alter?

Re: Phase reversal with mfd pickups

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Andor wrote:I have an American asat Classic with the regular mfd pickups. Can I simply reverse the phase of the neck pickup or is it grounded to something I'd have to alter?

Perhaps this post will help: Converting an ASAT Classic to Bluesboy.

Why do you ask?

:ugeek:

Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:42 pm

I want to put in a mini toggle for out of phase, actually half out of phase

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Anybody?

Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:47 pm

I'd say you have to lift the negative off the ground plate,
and maybe attach the plate to a ground after the switching.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 am

Can anyone confirm this and tell what exactly I'd need to do with the ground plate. I know in a fender tele you have to separate the metal cover and run a new ground but I'm not exactly sure how the ground plate works. I thought I'd be in the clear because there is no cover on mfds but I see in the pic (thanks for posting) they appear to be connected. I've done a out of phase on a basic 2 humbucker non t style which was just wiring the switch. Any help is appreciated thanks

Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 am

Andor wrote:Can anyone confirm this and tell what exactly I'd need to do with the ground plate. I know in a fender tele you have to separate the metal cover and run a new ground but I'm not exactly sure how the ground plate works. I thought I'd be in the clear because there is no cover on mfds but I see in the pic (thanks for posting) they appear to be connected. I've done a out of phase on a basic 2 humbucker non t style which was just wiring the switch. Any help is appreciated thanks

See your other post , for the details: Mfd out of phase.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Craig wrote:
Andor wrote:Can anyone confirm this and tell what exactly I'd need to do with the ground plate. I know in a fender tele you have to separate the metal cover and run a new ground but I'm not exactly sure how the ground plate works. I thought I'd be in the clear because there is no cover on mfds but I see in the pic (thanks for posting) they appear to be connected. I've done a out of phase on a basic 2 humbucker non t style which was just wiring the switch. Any help is appreciated thanks

See your other post , for the details: Mfd out of phase.

I'm no expert on wiring. I follow pictures and it works.. Usually. I just don't want to assume I can treat an mfd like a tele pickup. Cutting that connecting could short out the pickup for all I know. I'm surprised no one has done any Out phase or series wiring around here to confirm

Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:13 pm

Disregard ^ I didn't see the response on the other thread. Thank a lot man I appreciate it.