View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 3/8" / 10mm Bushings for S500 Tribute for Vintage Tuners? 

Post 3/8" / 10mm Bushings for S500 Tribute for Vintage Tuners?
So, I had the recent post regarding a '94 S500 that had a crack along the fretboard. While I returned that guitar, I could not get over how much I loved it and ended up purchasing a tribute (which I now love just as much).

I really like the look of vintage tuners and I'd like to either put a set of Kluson or Gotoh on the guitar. I'm wondering if anyone has attempted this? There are enough video's on youtube for me to figure out how to install them but my biggest question is whether the 10mm / 3/8" conversion bushings would work? The portion of the bushing that fits into the peghole on the headstock should be fine (I know it's larger than 10mm as the Jinho stock tuners are 10mm) but I'm worried that the lip of the bushings that sit on the headstock won't be wide enough - I read somewhere that these bushings wouldn't work on some squier's, etc. Has anyone had any experience with this?

At the price of the bushings, I'll probably buy them and try them but thought I'd see if anyone knows anything prior to purchasing. Thanks.

Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]