Arm/bushings

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi, I have a few questions about the arm and bushings.

1) Is there a site that has a variety of size and shape arms that are known to fit a current DF bridge?

2) What are you guys doing to get the old nylon bushing out (or what's left of it) before inserting the new bushing? When I put a new bushing in, it extends too far out to get the tension screw to catch threads and it takes quite a bit of work to get it to catch.

3) Where can I buy just the bushings without the tension screws? I chew one up pretty quickly, and I'd rather just buy bulk of just the bushings.

Thanks!

Re: Arm/bushings

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:22 am

trem wrote:Hi, I have a few questions about the arm and bushings.

1) Is there a site that has a variety of size and shape arms that are known to fit a current DF bridge?

2) What are you guys doing to get the old nylon bushing out (or what's left of it) before inserting the new bushing? When I put a new bushing in, it extends too far out to get the tension screw to catch threads and it takes quite a bit of work to get it to catch.

3) Where can I buy just the bushings without the tension screws? I chew one up pretty quickly, and I'd rather just buy bulk of just the bushings.

Thanks!

1) See: Are there more then 1 type trem bar for the g&l trems??.

2) See: Trem arm is too tight.

3) Sorry, but I don't know a source for obtaining the nylon bushing material. It is 1/8" outside diameter nylon solid rod.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: Arm/bushings

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:51 am

Thanks, Craig! Looks like I can pick up a 4 foot rod at a hobby shop for 2 bucks and dice up a load of bushings for a decade or so!