Where to get Saddle-Lock mounting screws?

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Hey Craig -
I'm sorry to be bothering you, but I need some parts for two of my guitars. As I am from Albuquerque, where there's not much going on - the dealer(s) here are not too responsive to my request. I don't know how to contact G&L so I am writing to you.
The phillips head on the outside bridge anchor screws on my 1994 ASAT and my 1985 Broadcaster are rusting away, and I am afraid that I might not be able to replace them if I let this go any longer. I am the original owner of both of these guitars. I refer you to a post from StopaWerbel, 'Saddle lock bridge screws question', that has photos of this special screw, which has a special barrel shape phillips head on it. The screws on both of the guitars look like they were originally chrome in color. I have replaced the Broadcaster screws once before: and it's time to do it again. There are two outside bridge anchoring screws on each bridge - so I need 4 screws. Could you help me get these please?
John Kennedy
7416 Sherwood Dr NW
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 505 888 6352
johnkennedy87120@msn.com

Re: Where to get Saddle-Lock mounting screws?

Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:17 pm

johnkennedy1 wrote:Hey Craig -
I'm sorry to be bothering you, but I need some parts for two of my guitars. As I am from Albuquerque, where there's not much going on - the dealer(s) here are not too responsive to my request. I don't know how to contact G&L so I am writing to you.
The phillips head on the outside bridge anchor screws on my 1994 ASAT and my 1985 Broadcaster are rusting away, and I am afraid that I might not be able to replace them if I let this go any longer. I am the original owner of both of these guitars. I refer you to a post from StopaWerbel, 'Saddle lock bridge screws question', that has photos of this special screw, which has a special barrel shape phillips head on it. The screws on both of the guitars look like they were originally chrome in color. I have replaced the Broadcaster screws once before: and it's time to do it again. There are two outside bridge anchoring screws on each bridge - so I need 4 screws. Could you help me get these please?
John Kennedy
7416 Sherwood Dr NW
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 505 888 6352
johnkennedy87120@msn.com

I moved your post to a better sub-forum, since you posted it to my Global Announcement post, which I just removed.

AFAIK, the mounting screws are for the Saddle-Lock bridge are not special screws. You should be able to take one out of your bridge (out of either of the two guitars)
and take it to hardware store to get replacements. The post you were referring to was for a guitar which was still under warranty and it had mis-formed screw heads.
G&L choose to just mail new screws to that owner to cover the warranty issue. Both of your guitars are long out of warranty, so you are no longer eligible for replacements.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: