G&L ASAT Bluesboy info on USA models

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:05 am

Hello I recently acquired a G&L Bluesboy ASAT . it is the semi hollow version. I know its a G&L based on the hardware and headstock shape, however it has a reversed headstock with no logo, no seriel number or model number. Is this a special ordered guitar? Could it be a USA model? Thanks!

Re: G&L ASAT Bluesboy info on USA models

Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:01 pm

Welcome here. Maybe you could post some pics so all the experts here can help you out?

Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:33 pm

Will do! I will post them as soon as I can.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:23 pm

Hey guys sorry for the wait. Here are the pictures of the guitar. Sorry for the link, I couldn't figure out how to post the pictures inline lol.
http://imgur.com/a/ImYAB

Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:42 pm

Nice guitar but a couple of things not right. No serial number could be a factory replacement neck but it has the wrong string trees for a G&L factory replacement. My opinion only. It would help if you could post close up pictures of the neck pocket. G&L sold some tribute necks from their on line store and they were not marked but the reverse headstock would eliminate that. I would check under the pickguard for a part number and also the neck pocket. That will give you additional clues. -- Darwin

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:33 pm

What I see is a Tribute Series ASAT Classic "Bluesboy" Semi-Hollow body with what is likely a Tribute Series Legacy "Lefty" neck attached.
We are starting to see Tribute Series instrument parts being modified (removing serial numbers, country of origin, and Tributes Series from the necks).
See this post in the G&L Knowledgebase: Buyer Beware: Doctored Tribute Series models ....

Here are the details I see to support my theory:

1. The "reverse headstock" neck is likely from a Tribute Series Legacy "Lefty" and the tuners are clearly those used on the Tribute Series models.
2. The Tribute Series ASAT Classic "Bluesboy" Semi-Hollow has one of the available body color finish, Clear Orange, and the volume and tone knobs are domed and the pickup selector
knob is the Vintage Barrel style only used on the Tribute Series ASAT models.

Things to further investigate:

1. Remove the control plate and look at the pots and the pickup selector switch. You will probably find these, which are Tribute Series only parts:

2. Look in the control cavity for a possible sticker which might indicate a barcode and part number plus text indicating "G&L TR".

3. Look at the neck plate and if it is blank (without the G&L logo etched on it), that also indicates a Tribute Series neck plate.

For posting inline photos, see: Tutorial: Posting photos and then
post photos of the things to further investigate.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: