I'm new!..and I'm concerned about my new ASAT Classic noise

Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi all,

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for....I just bought my first G&L, a brand new butterscotch Blonde Classic ASAT!

Love at first sight and feel. Took her home, and I noticed that all my movements on the guitar were amplified...for example, If my leg rubs the guitar, the squeak is amplified...If I actually scrape the 1/4 guitar cable going into the guitar, the sound is amplified....if I turn the volume or tone knob to the end of its motion, the bang of hitting the end of the dial is amplified. If I move the pickup selector switch, the clicking is audible and amplified....in fact, clicking my pick on the body of the guitar is amplified.

Is this normal?

Feeling a little nervous that something is wrong.

Thanks,

JohnZap

Re: I'm new!..and I'm concerned about my new ASAT Classic no

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

johnzap wrote:Hi all,

I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for....I just bought my first G&L, a brand new butterscotch Blonde Classic ASAT!

Love at first sight and feel. Took her home, and I noticed that all my movements on the guitar were amplified...for example, If my leg rubs the guitar, the squeak is amplified...If I actually scrape the 1/4 guitar cable going into the guitar, the sound is amplified....if I turn the volume or tone knob to the end of its motion, the bang of hitting the end of the dial is amplified. If I move the pickup selector switch, the clicking is audible and amplified....in fact, clicking my pick on the body of the guitar is amplified.

Is this normal?

Feeling a little nervous that something is wrong.

Thanks,

JohnZap

Welcome! :wave:

That is not normal; perhaps one or both pickups went microphonic or could be something else. This is a bummer with a brand new instrument. :(
However, you should be covered by the G&L Warranty (10 years for all USA instruments) or G&L Tribute Warranty (2 years for all Tribute Series instruments).
You must contact the G&L dealer and make arrangements to have them take care of it under the warranty. See: G&L Support page.

Hope this helps and you get ASAT Classic back in tip-top shape real soon.

Once this is resolved, please let us know what was the cause and resolution.

:ugeek: