Comanche mods

Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:21 pm

Hey guys

I'm the proud owner of a USA Comanche that I picked up used late last year. Typical of all G&L guitars, its a great quality and great playing guitar.

As all Comanche owners know, the Comanche tone is very bright compared to the Legacy & S-500.

Due to the weight of the guitar, I wasn't able to play this guitar when I first bought it due to some medical procedures that I was dealing with. Now that I'm able to play it, I'm want to go to each switch setting and work with the pickup height and to adjust the pole pieces as well to find the sweet spot

Has anyone done this before or have any advice on bringing the brightness of the tone down a bit?

Has anyone change the caps in the tone control to change the tone?

I found the post with the 'Comanche For Dummies' article that I plan to read before I start the adjustment but if anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated

Re: Comanche mods

Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:56 pm

lot of us on here replace the bridge pick up with Will Ray bridge pup , it has about 1500 more windings and takes a lot of the brightness out of any combination that has to do with the bridge pick up , other wise I just adjust the amp a little

Re: Comanche mods

Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:48 pm

+1 on the Will Ray bridge pup. I did that with my ASAT Z3