1980 L-1000 wiring harness?

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:00 pm

I see on the G&L website that the L-2000, 2500 complete wiring harness is available. Any Idea if there is a complete one for the passive L-1000. and where would I get it? Building a clone to keep my 1980 company.. LOL

Thanks,

Re: 1980 L-1000 wiring harness?

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Mac on Bass wrote:I see on the G&L website that the L-2000, 2500 complete wiring harness is available. Any Idea if there is a complete one for the passive L-1000. and where would I get it? Building a clone to keep my 1980 company.. LOL

Thanks,

I don't see any L-2000 wiring harnesses being available in the G&L On-Line store. However, I have been away for a couple of weeks, so they may have had some
but sold them all. It is very unlikely that you will be seeing any for the L-1000 because this model was discontinued many years ago, with the exception of a few special
builds. Wiring harnesses are not normally sold by G&L and the ones you saw were likely left over and they decided to move them out via the On-Line Store, like they have
done with necks and bodies. You might contact the On-Line store at webstore@bbesound.com.

:ugeek:

Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:30 am

http://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/c ... l-assembly

This is what is on their website right now... Does anyone have the specs on what 3-pos. switch and the ratings of the pots?

Mac

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:53 am

Mac on Bass wrote:http://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/collections/electronics/products/l-series-bass-control-assembly

This is what is on their website right now... Does anyone have the specs on what 3-pos. switch and the ratings of the pots?

Mac

I was not looking in the correct section of the On-Line store. :oops:

Regarding the specs, check out these PDF files from G&L's main website:

L-1000 - controls diagram.
L-1000 - schematic block diagram.

Have you checked out Ken Baker's G&L Support Forum? Perhaps he and the members over there can provide
additional information in your quest to re-build your L-1000.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: