Legacy HB, with s-500 mini toggle?

Fri May 08, 2015 6:07 am

Hello! This is my first post forgive me if I'm in the wrong section. I was wondering if I could somehow install the
S-500 toggle switch(bridge and neck,all three pickups) onto my legacy HB which already has a coil tap switch. I'd like to have both, for a lot of tone options.
Thanks

Re: Legacy HB, with s-500 mini toggle?

Fri May 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Fjmcelligott wrote:Hello! This is my first post forgive me if I'm in the wrong section. I was wondering if I could somehow install the
S-500 toggle switch(bridge and neck,all three pickups) onto my legacy HB which already has a coil tap switch. I'd like to have both, for a lot of tone options.
Thanks

While I have not tried this but It looks like it would be a fairly easy mod.

Here's a photo of the Legacy HB wiring (from the Gallery Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics):

Here's a photo of the S-500 wiring (from the Gallery Album: Instrument Manuals and Wiring Schematics):

Add another mini-toggle switch, say between the two tone pots and wire it like the expander toggle in the S-500 wiring photo (the two red wires).

If you decide to do this mod, perhaps you could post about it in The Project Page sub-forum. Before and after photos, and sound and/or video clips
would be helpful too.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: Legacy HB, with s-500 mini toggle?

Fri May 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks this definatley helps. I'll be sure to post before and after pics if I do this mod. Also thanks for the pictures