truss rod wrench?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:07 pm

I have a recent ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow and need a new truss rod wrench. Somehow the wrench I have is slipping in the truss rod nut and is slightly stripped.
What is the correct size wrench to buy? Thanks.

Thanks,

Charley

Re: truss rod wrench?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:23 pm

charleyrich wrote:I have a recent ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow and need a new truss rod wrench. Somehow the wrench I have is slipping in the truss rod nut and is slightly stripped.

Thanks,

Charley

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L?.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: truss rod wrench?

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:28 am

I found some additional posts that also helped explain the problem of why the wrench that came with the guitar is not effective. Apparently, you can't quite get it in far enough due to the angle of the nut bullet and the cavity the truss rod sits in. Some users cut the length of the wrench on the short side in 1/2 to get a better angle. Others purchase a straight ball-end wrench. Ii just ordered the straight ball-end wrench from Stewart McDonald and hoping that works for me. Great guitar, but apparently this is not an uncommon problem with how it was manufactured. Thanks.

Regards,

Charley

Craig wrote:
charleyrich wrote:I have a recent ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow and need a new truss rod wrench. Somehow the wrench I have is slipping in the truss rod nut and is slightly stripped.

Thanks,

Charley

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: Can you tell me which allen wrenches I need for my G&L?.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: SOLVED - truss rod wrench

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:11 am

I am just following up on my post. I received the Stewart McDonald truss rod wrench, 4mm Item # 6113. The webpage is at: http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Types_of_Tools/Wrenches/Allen_Truss_Rod_Wrenches.html

It is perfect for my ASAT and solves the problem of the factory supplied truss rod wrench not going in far enough into the end of the truss rod to turn it without slipping. The price wasn't too bad, $10.50.

I hope this helps someone else in the forum.

Regards,

Charley